Jul 27, 2007

Wishful Dreaming

I had this dream last night where I was yelling at someone and telling them all the things about them that bugged me, all the negative things I felt towards them. This person got really angry back at me. It was one of the biggest fights I have ever had. But I was relieved to finally tell them how I felt. And when I woke up I was still relieved until I realized it was all just a dream.




dream interpretation/meaning of dream

This may be a carry-over from your daily life. In our dreams we can experience and express such feelings safely. Feeling great anger in your dream may be disturbing but pay attention to it and attempt to deal with all of your emotions in a more appropriate and productive manner.



Even though I was really angry in how I handled my feelings in my dream, the feeling of relief that I had made it seem worth it. I'm glad that this fight didn't happen in actual life but it really got me thinking. Should people walk around this earth being completely honest with each other? And I don't mean honest like "wow you look really ugly in that," or "I hate your new hair cut," but being honest like, "What you just said really hurt my feelings," and "When you talk to me like that I fell like you are talking down to me". In my dream these things were so easy to say, granted they weren't said properly (I don't think expressing feelings of hurt need to involve anger) but I still said them. And I felt relieved. I had never woken up so relieved in my life, like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. It was really fantastic. So how do you go from being painfully understanding and not standing up for yourself to being truly honest with everyone around you? I would like to learn whatever the answer may be.

1 comment:

waldocarmona said...

I've been having vivid dreams a lot lately. What does it mean when you dream about water? Last night I dreamed I was back in my old high school P.E. class and the coach (teacher) was mad because I was supposed to be playing volleyball but instead I was doing laps in the pool in the clearest, bluest water I had ever seen.