Jul 1, 2009

Movie Review: Dedication








I can't help it. I have this crazy love for Mandy Moore. I thought this movie was very well done. I didn't LOVE it love it. But I truly enjoyed it. Billy Crudup did a wonderful job and played the characters neurosis very well. I think it's difficult to play a character who is so completely mad and awfully mean but Crudup did an amazing job of bringing humanity to his character. We easily could have hated Henry Roth. And many times I found myself doing so. But something about the way Crudup played him made me forgive him (especially since Moore's Lucy Reilly could). Mandy Moore did an excellent job (I know, I'm biased) and I find that she really shines on screen. All in all I thought this was a strong directorial debut for Justin Theroux (another actor!). I think when a director is also an actor they can bring a strong asset to their films. And Theroux defiantly has done so.

To see or not to see.
To see.

No comments: