Feb 4, 2009

Off-Broadway: Fuerzabruta
















In trying to explain what I had just seen I told my friend that Fuerzabruta was an experience for all the senses. I wasn't sure what to expect but I'd heard great things about this show. Every year New York has a 20-for-20 where you come 20 minutes before the show and get tickets for only $20. This promo is a great way to see any off-Broadway show, especially since there is a standard $75 ticket for this show.

I loved everything about this show, and I honestly wished it had been longer. The one and only thing I'd say in regards to a change would be to have a maturity limit. Test out the audience with a few simple questions before allowing them in the room. And here's why: Repeatedly when the water sequence was going on throughout the room you could hear and see boys (who were most defiantly above the 18 age range) poking the performer's crotch. Seriously? Seriously. Other than their lack of common sense, this show was an experience everyone should have (who can handle themselves in a room with women).

After the performers took their bows they moved everyone to the dance floor and the music started banging, and then the water started. It was freezing out, but dancing like a child in the sprinklers on a hot summer day was well worth the cold ride home. I had never felt so free in my life.



Here are a few photos of some of the highlights. The pictures do no justice to the experience.



























Freddy Bosche and me. I kinda was amazed by him... seriously, couldn't take my eyes off of him.



















To see?
Yes, this is an amazing experience.

No comments: