Jan 17, 2008

A Chorus Line








This was the first Broadway show I've ever seen. Opened April 16 1975 with over 6,000 performances as of 1990, A Chorus Line is the longest running American Musical.




Possibly one of the best shows on Broadway. Maybe that is because it's my first, but none the less, I was moved by the acting, awed by the dancing, and dazzled by the glitter (I can't help it).




After the show my brother, his friend, and I waited to congratulate the actors. She was visiting and wanted to get autographs. Meeting the people who had just put on an amazing, emotional, moving performance was a pretty amazing experience. Unlike watching a movie and leaving the theater, almost walking back into the "real world," seeing a show and meeting the cast after give you almost a closure.
So biased as I may be, the longest running American Musical has to be so for some reason.













No comments: